24 Feb February’s PowderPocket Review
I didn’t get around to doing a review of the January PowderPocket box simply because I was quite late getting it. Although, I will say that I was really impressed with the whole thing; from the delivery, the packaging and the contents. Hence, I thought I would then do a proper review of this month’s box.
The February box was just so cute, the way it came with a personalised sticker! Too cute! Well done PowderPocket, it’s definitely the little things like that, that make the differences. Each month’s box comes with a leaflet explaining about the products as well as other hints and tips. I was delighted to have contributed to it this month.
So did the theme ‘Save Our Skin’ do just that for me this month?
- La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water – As I said in my previous PowderPocket post, (click here), I am a MASSIVE fan of this brand and use a lot of their products, so was keen to try this out. Not normally one to use sprays such as this on my face, I was a little apprehensive as to what benefits I would feel from it. I had to keep reminding myself to use it, as it’s typically something I would associate with using in the hotter months of the year. It certainly felt refreshing on the skin and didn’t leave any kind of residue. If I’m honest, I would definitely use this product when going on holiday, for a long haul flight, or for hot days in the sun when you just need to refresh the skin. I’m not so sure I’d be inclined to use it as much during the winter.
Available in selected pharmacies nationwide for €9.
- Benecos Natural Kajal Black eyeliner – If you’re into your natural and vegan cosmetics then this is a great alternative product for you as it does everything that you would expect from an eyeliner. As it has an active ingredient of Jojoba Oil it glides on really easily, is long lasting and is a really intense black colour. It is also extremely well priced.
Available www.naturalskincare.ie/benecos and selected health shops for €4.66.
- Lavera Basis Sensitiv Hand Cream – As someone who constantly has dry hands, I always have a hand cream to hand. This is a lovely product that I have used most days and still have plenty in the tube – you really don’t need to use very much. It absorbs into the skin very easily, leaves a lovely soft feel to the hands and doesn’t leave that horrible greasy feeling that some hand creams do. I have been really impressed with this cream and am tempted to repurchase it when it runs out.
Available from www.naturalskincare.ie/lavera for €5.24
- Pixy Natural Skincare Citrus Spring Soap – As a fan of soap over showwer gel/wash in the shower, I was looking forward to trying this product as it smelt divine. I was certainly not disappointed with the scent, which comes from bergamot, grapefruit and orange essential oils. Not too strong, but strong enough to know you’ve used it. I do however have an issue with the shape of the bar. This could just be me being fussy, but it’s ergonomically so uncomfortable to use over your body until it’s really worn down. Anyone else find that about bars of soap that are like blocks??
Available in 300 pharmacies nationwide and the Pixy Shop in Cork for €3.99 for 100g
- Ginvera Green Tea Marvel Gel – There was a fair bit of hype online about this product. I used it daily and found that it left my skin nice and smooth and really felt like it had been given a good clean and exfoliation. It’s a gel formula which you put on a dry face with your dry fingers, which I found a bit strange and my only complaint would be that I prefer something that lathers up a bit, but that really is me being fussy!
Available in Harvey Nichols Dublin for €27
Overall the February box has been really impressive and I always find it great to hear about and use new products that I may not have heard of before, especially the Irish ones.
Have you subscribed to PowderPocket? If so, what are your thoughts on their boxes so far?
Thanks for reading.
MakeUpMonster (@makeupmonster_)Posted at 10:09h, 25 February
I use the thermal spring water every night as a last step to check my face is clean (just spray onto a pad) and then I give it a spray all over my face to tone before moisturiser!
saraduffy12Posted at 17:46h, 25 February
Oooh that’s an idea. Do you use it instead of a toner?